RDG + Partners is a growing, boutique-style accounting firm located in Rochester, NY. We are looking to add a motivated and energetic Controller/Manager to our Outsourced Accounting Services team (OAS). This is a great opportunity to work in a public accounting firm with multiple types of clients. Our OAS team works with clients on bookkeeping clean-up projects and reoccurring(monthly/quarterly/annually) bookkeeping assignments, as well as controller level projects, software conversions and personal concierge bill pay services. We have a great team and there is opportunity for growth.
In this role, the Controller/Manager in OAS will provide controllership and financial reporting services to clients. Client composition can change over time, but RDG + Partners strives to provide the Controller/Manager with exposure to a good blend of ongoing client services and special projects. The ideal candidate possesses intermediate to senior level accounting skills with a skill set comparable to that of a controller and desires a career path as a client service professional in a growing Firm.
- Identify client issues and manage day-to-day client relationships
- Support, train, and mentor OAS staff in the performance of their daily responsibilities
- Supervise the month-end close process for clients
- Review and evaluate the monthly financial statements and monthly reporting packages prepared by OAS staff
- Maintain ongoing communications with OAS clients and participate in monthly/interim conference calls with OAS clients concerning the results of their operations and financial condition
- Effectively communicate on the status of key client accounting and reporting matters
- Provide client management with value added financial analysis and ongoing process feedback
- Develop recommendations to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and increase profitability for clients
- Provide superior and proactive professional services for clients
- Recommend policies and procedures as they relate to improving client service
- Will work collaboratively and coordinate with OAS team members to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Must have availability and willingness to work overtime, as required. The position generally will work a 40-45 work week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- 7+ years of public or private accounting experience
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and other accounting software packages
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking and solid analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple clients/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and set daily, weekly, and monthly priorities
Apply for Controller OAS Manager here